Pendleton Square Trust Company is an independent trust company serving as a corporate fiduciary to families and foundations. Our operating principles are independence, objectivity, an unwavering commitment, and a focus on long-term relationships with multi-generational families.
The Pendleton Square team has more than 125 years of combined service in serving and guiding generations forward as a fiduciary for trusts and estates.
Pendleton Square Trust Company is a Tennessee-chartered trust company. That is one of the cornerstones of our company. Due to favorable tax laws and responsive legislature, Tennessee is one of the nation’s leading states for maintaining a trust. As a result, we serve families all across the United States.
At Pendleton Square Trust Company, we do not engage in investment management. To avoid a potential conflict of interest, we believe the role of trustee should be separated from money management.
PARTNERSHIP WITH INVESTMENT ADVISORS
At Pendleton Square, our team adheres to the school of thought that a family is best served with a model that consists of “best in class” thought leaders within certain areas of expertise. This model combines the family’s long-term investment advisor with their trusted estate planning attorney, CPA, insurance partner and independent trustee. The result is a true strategic partnership that focuses on communication, performance, efficiency and creativity.
Pendleton Square will serve as an “outsourced” fiduciary partner to review documents and provide talking points to share with your clients. We are also committed to the timely transfer of trusts with an experienced compliance and transfer team.
By partnering with Pendleton Square and engaging the trusted strategic partnership model, you will:
- Expand your current client relationships.
- Grow your asset base.
- Maintain timely, consolidated reporting and accountings to assist in investment strategy.
- Deepen your relationships with the next generation.
TRUST ADMINISTRATION SERVICES
The Pendleton Square team orchestrates the different elements of trust administration to deliver efficiency and harmony. We implement the wishes of family members as outlined in trust instruments to move generations forward. Our comprehensive trust administration services include:
- Serve as trustee or co-trustee in accordance with the governing trust documents
- Exercise discretionary powers relating to distributions of income and corpus
- Maintain accurate records and reports for the beneficiaries
- Provide oversight of investments
- Custody of non-financial assets (residential and commercial real estate, closely-held stocks, limited partnerships, LLCs, oil and gas interests)
- Coordinate trust tax returns
TYPES OF TRUSTS ADMINISTERED BY PENDLETON SQUARE
The Pendleton Square platform is based on experience, technology and partnerships with family advisors. This combination enables us to administer a broad range of personal and family trusts, including but not limited to:
- Revocable living trusts
- Marital and credit shelter trusts
- Irrevocable grantor trusts
- Charitable trusts (charitable lead and remainder trusts, private foundations)
- Asset protection trusts
- Community property trusts
- Grantor-retained annuity trusts (GRATs)
- Qualified personal residence trusts (QPRTs)
- Generation skipping and dynasty trusts
- Qualified domestic trusts (QDOTs)
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts
Pendleton Square’s trust administration fee schedule is available upon request: email@example.com.