In this episode, we talk about:
- Betsy’s background at larger institutions and the entrepreneur “bug”
- The changing Wealth Management Industry
- The desperate need for independence and customization for clients
- The appeal of Tennessee as a legal jurisdiction, a growing business haven, and a nexus for diversified businesses
- How this led her to the formation of Pendleton Square Trust Company.
- The development of her support system and the importance of having a community of entrepreneurs to lean on and share ideas (and opportunities!).
- The importance of story-telling in communicating, not just to the families she speaks with, but the market at large
- The influencers in her life that provide her “north star”.
- This is a particularly fun I get to see this up close as I work with Pendleton Square Trust Company to bring the message of benefits of Tennessee law to the advisors for family offices, foundations and fiduciaries in the Northeast and beyond.